Yosemite - October 26-28, 2023 Cancelled
Our 2023 Yosemite program for October 26-28 is cancelled due to Park Service being unable to approve our Ahwahnee Hotel space. Currently the Ahwahnee Hotel is being remodeled and it appears that the project was severely delayed by the record California storms.
We have requested space for October 2024. If you would like to receive an announcement by e-mail as soon as we receive approval, please e-mail to us but preferably do not call since the e-mail is easier for us to manage without error. email@example.com
Schull, County Cork, Ireland - April 24 and 25, 2024
"How to do Better Clinical Dentistry”
presented by Edward Lynch and Raymond Bertolotti
Dr. Ray Bertolotti will cover the following topics and a few more:
Bulkfill composite – polymerization shrinkage is the enemy
· Understand the clinical consequences of polymerization shrinkage
· Easily create margins free of white lines (enamel fracture) and later staining
· Observe polymerization shrinkage in real time with revolutionary OCT
· Why “low shrinkage composites” do not help and likely are worse
· Stop creating open gingival margins and the associated “recurrent caries”
Zirconia – choose the materials and applications carefully
· Why only Y3 zirconia (3 mol percent yttria) does not fracture
· The only porcelain brand which works best on zirconia and why so
· Revolutionary zirconia adhesion bridges (almost no prep)
· The best alternative to most anterior implants
· Why E.max is usually superior to posterior zirconia
Adhesion – utilized to the maximum on all dental surfaces
· Intraorally bond gold to gold (no, it’s not welding!)
· Stay supragingival and get outstanding esthetics with ceramic
· Best possible bond strengths to dental surfaces compared to enamel.
· Bond porcelain well without HF etching (20 plus year recalls prove it)
· Why you should retire if you don’t have a Microetcher
Some Fun Dentistry – low stress and highly profitable too
· Reattach fractured off incisor fragments (even with bleeding pulps)
· Why veneers, not crowns, are often the preferred anterior restoration
· Try-in veneers for esthetics without “Try-in pastes” which require removal
· Easily make implant access holes disappear
· Anterior “white spots” easily removed
Prof. Edward Lynch will cover the following topics:
· Many of the latest evidenced-based methods to do better, faster and more profitable clinical dentistry
· Managing deep carious lesions – understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to what to use where and how to use them
· When to leave infected dentine in deep cavities – understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to what, where, when, why and how.
· How to reduce the need for root canal treatments when dealing with near pulp exposures - understand the evidenced based literature which guides
us to what to use where and how to use them
· The latest ways to manage pulpal exposures - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to what to use where and how to use them
· Role of partial pulpotomies in permanent teeth? - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to what to use where and how to use them
· Role of total pulpotomies in permanent teeth? - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to what to use where and how to use them
· When to use MTA after caries removal. - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to what to use where and how to use them
· When to use Biodentine after caries removal - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to what to use where and how to use them
· When to use glass ionomer cements - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to what to use where and how to use them
· Which glass ionomer cements can remineralise caries and why - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to recommend which products to use where
· How minimally invasive dentistry is being successfully applied in dental practice.
· Some tips for successful placement of anterior and posterior composites - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to what, where, when, why and how.
· Update on teeth whitening, to learn if any "lights" can improve in-office teeth whitening, and the latest ways to improve tooth whitening - internal and external - understand the
evidenced based literature which guides us to recommend which products to use where
· Some methods to manage white spots - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to recommend which products to use where.
· Some novel methods to reduce cross infection problems in Dentistry - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to recommend which products to use where
· When to use ozone? - understand the evidenced based literature which guides us to recommend which products to use where and where not to use it.
Professor Edward Lynch continues to work in specialist referral practice in Wimpole St, London as a GDC registered specialist in Restorative Dentistry, Endodontics and Prosthodontics and researches and supervises Dentists performing clinical PhD theses in the UK. He has enjoyed his recent time as Professor and Director of Clinical and Biomedical Research in the USA, his Head of Dentistry post in the University of Warwick, his Professor and Consultant post of Restorative Dentistry in Queens University Belfast, and Consultant in Restorative Dentistry in Barts and the Royal London Hospital. He feels honored to have been awarded the Prestigious 2022 Distinguished Scientist Award in Pharmacology, Therapeutics and Toxicology from the International Association for Dental Research. He is also listed in the Top 100 Doctors in Dentistry and has previously been voted the most influential person in Dentistry by readers of “Dentistry”, was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the BDA President, is a Freeman of the City of London, has more than 600 publications and is an active editorial board member of numerous international journals including Nature, Scientific Reports.
Tuition and Registration
The fee for this 2-day limited attendance course, including refreshments and 2 lunches, is 395 Euros (approximately US$425.). You will earn 14 hours CE credit from a AGD-PACE Provider.
To reserve a seat from Europe, please e-mail Prof. Edward Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org and from the North America please e-mail Dr. Ray Bertolotti at email@example.com.
After registration, the Lynch team will send information on our 25% discounted Schull Harbor Hotel (net about US$120.) and how to get reservations. Your family is welcome. This is a great destination with lots to do. We advise using the Cork airport.
Special airfare note: There is currently (as of January 15) a New Year fare sale for round trip flights on Aer Lingus. I found a US $402. fare from San Francisco to Dublin, round trip, which includes seat selection and checked luggage. The fare is only offered on the Aer Lingus site. https://www.aerlingus.com Wow, what a deal.
Supragingival, Esthetic, Adhesion Dentistry
presented by Jose Luis Ruiz and Raymond Bertolotti
Friday, February 9, 2024, San Antonio, TX (Gunter Hotel)
Friday, March, 15, 2024, Riverside, CA (Mission Inn)
Friday, May 31, 2024, Cupertino, CA (Juniper Hotel)
Managed by Ruiz Dental Seminars Inc. www.ruizdentalseminars.com. Phone. 818-729-9121
Adhesive dentistry has revolutionized dentistry and today we know more than ever before! Adhesive dentistry and a supra-gingival protocol is the answer! Complete understanding and trust in adhesive dentistry is a must. In this one-day lecture one of the pioneers of adhesive dentistry, Dr. Bertolotti, provides a simple, clear real-world update on the state of the art in adhesive dentistry. Dr. Ruiz, the founder of the Supragingival Dentistry movement will show how supra-gingival minimally invasive dentistry, is a real-world clinical approach to prevent and manage subgingival margins, thus making adhesive dentistry simple and predictable! Join us in the amazing roller coaster ride of adhesive dentistry used to its true potential!
Fully Updated 2023 Objectives:
· Indications for anterior and posterior bonded bridges, it may change your practice of dentistry!
· Preparation design for anterior and posterior bonded bridges.
· All-ceramic adhesion bridges, almost no prep, with 10 year survival of nearly 100%.
· The latest in zirconia science. Not all zirconia is strong.
· How to bond to zirconia simply and with stronger bonds than those possible to phosphoric etched enamel.
· Why adhesion bridges are usually the best option for young patients. (It’s not just conservation of tooth structure.)
· Preparation, design and cementation of indirect bonded restorations
· Intra-oral repair of porcelain & composite restorations (No HF etching needed)
· Partial replacement of defective porcelain restorations, simple and predictable.
· The 3 Golden Rules of Occlusion for restoration durability.
· Review how and why to perform a minimally invasive oral rehabilitation.
· Plus, a review of adhesives, techniques and supra-gingival principles.
· A Bulk Fill composite that saves time but more importantly, totally eliminates gaps and leakage at the tooth interface.
· Eliminate the black stain of silver diamine fluoride (SDF) and get even better anti-caries protection with white silver iodide
and many more tricks and techniques in adhesive dentistry.
Tuition and Registration
This live program will be presented in multiple locations. The tuition is a very affordable $390 per person. Consider inviting some friends since additional persons are only $190. (You can split the savings.) The new dentist tuition is $190. Students $20. For both speakers, providing education is a higher priority than making profits.
Program details as well as registration are on www.ruizdentalseminars.com. Phone. 818-729-9121